Anyone trying to get rock hard abs will need to work out the upper, middle and lower sets of muscles. This article will look at some good lower abdominal exercises. These are the best ways of working out your lower abs so they are as strong as possible. Lower abdominal exercises will help to strengthen your muscles so that you can tone your stomach in just 10 days with 10 workouts .
1-More Complicated Leg Lift
Once you have mastered the normal leg raises it’s time to make it a little more difficult. By making the exercise more taxing you can create even better lower abdominal exercises. This is another very simple exercise to do.
Start in the same position as the last exercise. But this time when you move your legs you should also try to sit up. This is similar to abdominal crunches which makes it very good abdominal workout. This feels strange at first, but when you practice then it should be quite good fun. This can be a good addition to any abdominal exercise regimes.
Another example of good lower ab workout are knee lifts. To do this you will need somewhere to hold onto. Suitable places include a chin-up bar, or a door frame. Hold firmly onto the door or bar and lift your feet off the ground slightly.
Then you should bend your knees and bring them tight in towards your stomach. Hold it for a second and then start to put your feet down. Don’t touch the floor yet though. Complete 10 repetitions before stopping. These are good workouts because they work very quickly. When you get more experienced you can increase the number of repetitions to speed up progress.
5 LOWER ABDOMINAL EXERCISES TO DO AT HOME
1. Leg extensions
This exercise works the whole rectus abdominis, and although it has more impact on the lower abdominal muscles, it has less impact on the obliques and flexors in the hip.
- Lie on your back on a mat.
- Bend your hips, leaving your thighs perpendicular to the trunk, and your knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Pull in your abdomen and extend your legs slowly, and this way you move your feet away from the body.
- Return carefully to the initial position, by bending your knees and bringing your feet close again on the trunk.
Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
2. Abdominal plank
The abdominal plank is your best option to get your belly in shape, while you gain strength and durability.
- Lie face down with forearms and toes on the floor.
- Squeeze your abdomen to stabilize your body and keep your torso in line. It is important that you do not lift or drop your hips, so that the exercise does not lose efficiency.
Hold this posture during at least 30 seconds of 3 sets.
3. Leg raise
Other basic exercises to work the lower belly are the 4 step leg raises.
- Lie down with your legs extended and your hands behind your neck on a mat.
- Stretch your abdominal area and raise one leg until it is perfectly perpendicular to your trunk. Next, repeat the procedure using the other leg.
- Lower the first raised leg and then do the same with the other leg.
Do 3 sets of 15 repeats.
This kind of abs exercise allows you to work on your rectus abdominal and obliques. In this way, you will be able to sculpt the entire torso.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind and on the sides of your head.
- Raise your head slightly and extend your legs.
- Tighten your abdomen and bend your left knee, bringing lightly the right elbow toward the knee.
- Return to the initial position, bending the right knee and bringing the left elbow to it.
Perform 3 set of 20 repetitions.
5. Pelvic lift
Thanks to this exercise, you can work not only on the lower part of the abdominal area, also on the gluts and, to a lesser extent, on the obliques.
- Lie on your back on a mat.
- Bend your knees and extend your arms.
- Tighten your tummy and your buttocks to raise your hips up to form a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Keep the posture for some few seconds, and slowly return to the initial position.
Practice 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
3-EXERCISES FOR OBLIQUE ABDOMINAL
1. SIDE CRUNCH
The back is completely in contact with the surface,
bend your legs and keep your feet in contact with the floor,
the arms are close to the body,
with an alternating lateral movement try to touch your ankles with your hands,
focus on controlled movement and maximum abdominal activation.
2. THE MOUNTAIN CLIMBER WITH ROTATION
Put yourself in the position of a classic push-up,
The arms and legs are fully extended, the torso is straight,
from the starting position move the knee in the direction of the opposite elbow,
focus on the rotation in the torso part,
when you get to the extreme point, hold the position for a second,
do not forget that the movement is alternating.
Keep in mind to achieve a uniform abdominal look you must combine these exercises for low abdomen with others that focus on activating the upper abdominal and obliques. And don’t forget to introduce some cardio into your routines, so you can burn fat and look more defined muscles.
3. Sit up
Lying on the floor completely, without separating your legs from the floor and making force with belly you have to get up until you reach 90º with your legs, arms position is free. You should do 3 sets of 15 repetitions